Friday, March 31, 2017

To Climb a Tree



A better look at the sky I’d like to see
So I’ve decided to climb a tree
And I’ve decided not to stop
Not to stop until the very top
So I shimmy up a trunk so wide
That inside a bear could surely hide
And grab the first branch that I see
The lowest branch on this tree
I pull myself up to the second one
Now I’m getting closer to the sun
And like climbing a ladder, up I go
Oh looky there! There’s a crow
Branch after branch, I hold on tight
So that’s what happened to my old kite
Holy cow! Now am I up high
Higher than some birds might even fly
Two more branches and I’m almost there
Almost there, so high up in the air
I can see the world so very clear
And my house is tiny from way up here
That’s the dinner bell! I can hear the sound
Now how will I ever get back down?




No comments:

Post a Comment